Monday, September 30, 2019

Putting a spin on the wheel - Burnt Brussel Sprouts style


So recently one of my new found loves has been cooking. Cooking tends to be time where I get to relax, while lingering around the smell of such wonderful dishes. Recently I stumbled into a wonderful restaurant in the west end of Long Beach, NY called Lost and Found. Lost and Found is a restaurant known for their unique dishes cooked right in front of the customer, if you’re lucky enough to get a seat at the bar. When I recently visited the establishment I saw something jump off the menu, Burnt Brussel Sprouts, a dish I questioned with a slight interest. Though Brussel sprouts get a bad rap for their smell and taste something about this item made me want to try it. For someone with a very sensitive pallet I was shocked at the flavors of the dish as I begin finding myself scarfing the Brussel sprouts down one after another. I thought to myself, “This is AMAZING!”, and also questioning at the same time how I could make this myself at home. After talking with their chef for a brief minute or two before he had to get back to catering to the other customers I was able to get enough information to help with researching online.

After searching I was able to find the perfect article for a simple recipe of the infamous Burnt Brussel Sprouts. This dish is perfect for any individual that cooks or is interested in cooking, as it’ll give you the ability to add a variety of flavors or aid in being a go to side dish for a chef in training that’ll wow your audience.

Image result for burnt brussel sprouts


For more information on an article for this simple recipe visit:
https://yonderfood.com/burnt-brussels-sprouts/

Vocabulary List:
1. Cook (verb) - prepare (food or a meal) by mixing and heating the ingredients together in a variety of ways.
2. Restaurant (noun) - a place where people pay to sit and eat meals that are cooked and served to them on site.
3. Establishment (noun) - a public institution, household or business organization.
4. Menu (noun) - a list of meals/dishes available in a restaurant.
5. Chef (noun) - a professional cook in a restaurant, who prepares and cooks the food for you to enjoy.
6. Variety (noun) - the quality or state of being different; the absence of uniformity.
7. Side Dish (noun) - a dish served alongside the main dish/entree.

Vocabulary exercise: Crossword Puzzle


Grammar Point:  Types of punctuation. 

Period: a period is used at the end of a sentence
Exclamation Point: an exclamation point is used at the end of a command or exclamation
Question Mark: a question mark is used at the end of a question


Directions: Place the correct punctuation mark at the end of each phrase, sentence. 
  1. What is the chef’s name
  2. The name of the restaurant is Lost and Found
  3. This is amazing
  4. How was your meal
  5. I am having the burnt brussel sprouts dish

No comments:

Post a Comment