Monday, October 21, 2019

The 5 AM Routine

As of recently I've started to try a new routine on for size. That routine consists of going to bed not so late and waking up early, 5 AM to be exact. I made the decision to make the switch after reading a couple articles on the web and seeing much positive feedback. The action of waking up early was focused on trying to fix my sluggishness, rushing and inability to eat a good breakfast in the morning. My goal with this switch was not only to grin and bear it for a week or two but make this a permanent thing moving forward.

Image result for 5 am alarm clockThe first couple of days through this trial I was hoping for all the positive benefits that were mentioned by bloggers; positive mindset, extra time for getting tasks done and getting a workout in. During the first couple of days I was able to get up, after a couple presses on the snooze button, and head right to the gym. At the gym I did feel tired still, but I after getting through the first couple of minutes of my workout I started to feel this sense of alertness. My body started to wake up a lot faster than normal and I began to feel very good both physically and mentally. Following my session at the gym leading into the latter parts of the week I was able to meditate for 20 minutes and cook a good breakfast. In the early parts of the week I just got back from the gym and watched TV. However, being able to finally get over the hump and do more than just exercise, I saw a great upside; time in the morning seemed to move much slower and I wasn't in a rush to get ready for work or rush my breakfast. The feeling of being able to give myself the couple extra hours really put a huge change on my everyday routine. Looking back I hope that I'm never to go back to waking up at 8 or 9 AM to start my day.

Vocabulary List:
1. Routine (noun) - A sequence of actions regularly followed; a fixed program
2. Feedback (noun) - information about reactions to a product, person's performance of a task, etc.
3. Goal (noun) - the object of a person's ambition or effort; an aim or desired result
4. Benefit (noun) an advantage or profit gained from something 
5.Alertness (noun) - the quality of being alert
6. Upside (noun) - the positive or favorable aspect of something 

Vocabulary Exercise: Word Search

Grammar Point:  Types of punctuation. 

Period: a period is used at the end of a sentence
Exclamation Point: an exclamation point is used at the end of a command or exclamation
Question Mark: a question mark is used at the end of a question


Grammar Practice:

Directions: Place the correct punctuation mark at the end of each phrase, sentence. 

1. This new routine I started is amazing __

2. Can someone give me their feedback on how energetic I am __

3. I've completed one of my goals __

4. Did you benefit from this routine __

5. I can't believe the upside __

6. My alertness has increased tremendously since I've began this routine __

2 comments:

  1. The grammar practice is great! You could even have students act out the sentences in front of the class. By the student using the correct inflection, the class can guess what type of punctuation they used for the sentence they said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never see me at the gym at 5 am even if it is good for me!

    I like that you have found a good, positive routine and that you have chosen good vocabulary words.

    ReplyDelete